CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

What a beautiful day it was. The girls and I went to the River Park to play, and play they did. We were there for 90 minutes, and I must say, time does fly when you're having fun. I hope that Spring is finally here, but after being 75 today, it is only suppose to be in the mid 50's tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, I am hoping that my darling husband will be feeling better so that he can go back to work. He was suppose to go to Wisconsin Monday night for work, but ended up getting sick at his Dad's house Sunday night and had to cancel his big meeting. Fortunately, he stayed with his Dad on Monday and came home on Tuesday. I love him dearly, but not when he is sick. I think you ladies know what I am talking about.
Today I finally got my passenger window fixed. It hasn't work for probably 18 months, and Don had been promising me that he would fix it. So I told him that I wanted it fixed before we left for Disney, which is less than two weeks away. Last summer on vacation it wasn't working when we went to a drive-thru animal safari. The safari was great fun and while driving thru you can feed the animals and they will come right up to you car window, but not such a good idea if the window doesn't roll up very fast.
Here is a picture of one of God's creatures while I was taking a picture of it, actually coming through the window. Unfortunately, he smelled the food that was between my feet on the floor. The next thing I know, he is between my legs chowing down.

Alright, now that you have had sufficient time to stop laughing, here is the rest of the story. Don is yelling at me to roll up a window that doesn't work well. While I am trying to grab the cup of food without getting bit, or destroying my camera (I do have my priorities). I am finally able to get the cup of food and throw it out the window, and all is right with the world, well except for the slobber and the smell. We then continue on with the rest of the safari with my window rolled up (if you push the button up AND push the glass up, it will go up). And then, we come to the longhorns. They were pretty intimidating because we could just see a horn coming through the windshield. It was funny to watch the other cars, but not so funny when it comes to your own.

After what seemed like an eternity of creaping along and blowing the horn, we finally made it past them, and with minimal damage. Just a swinging antenna (not broken, they just flicked it) and a bent side mirrow (they didn't break it either, they just pushed it in) oh, and lots of slobber. So, if you are ever up in Northern Ohio, I highly recommend going there. It really is a lot of fun. The girls also got pony and camel rides and to see some other animals up close. Unfortunately we missed the pig races, but we could hear the people cheering.

Boy did my ADD get me sidetracked, anyway, YEAH!! my window is working fine and I was able to enjoy it today.

After dinner Emma and I went to her ballet and gymnastics class. She really enjoys both classes and I must say, all of the Barbie and Princess movies that she has watched have really paid off. She really isn't bad at the ballet. She just about has some of the hand positions down already, and it has only been three weeks.

Well, I guess this is enough for now. I don't want to overload anyone, especially myself!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I am seriously still laughing at the beast between your legs....what a vision that must have been! This is the funniest thing I have read in weeks!

Wishing a healthy hubby for you!

Stephanie said...

Cracking up over here reading this! I can just picture that scenario with the moose or whatever that creature was, no wait...now it is burned in my mind forever! lol

Glad your window is fixed! And WTG Emma on doing so great with ballet/gymnastics! Is she taking classes at the Y or at the Gymnastics place?

Anita said...

She is taking classes at Centre Academy. It is about the same price as the Y, but I think that they get a little more instruction and there are only 6 girls in the class. Plus the bouncy floor, what more could you ask for!