CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Disney - Day One

Well, as some of you already know, we made the decision to take the girls to Disney World this year. Emma loves the princesses' and I figured that if we went, I wanted to go while she would still enjoy seeing them. So on Sunday, March 29th, we loaded up the van, which was close to looking like the Clampets, and off we went.
Here is a picture of the girls and me right before departure. Somehow I managed to have a happy look on my face...

And then we were off... We decided to drive to Perry, GA on the first day, which was 553 miles away. It started out alright. The girls had a new dvd to watch (Franny's Feet from Netflix - if you are not a member of Netflix, I highly recommend it, it is well worth the money). Anyway, I think that they watched that dvd six times between Maysville and Orlando. Here is a picture of the girls and how happy they are that they are going to Disney, but we were only one hour into the trip...Oh, and notice the neck pillows. I thought that they would be a good idea for the trip, and Melanie even made a blanket to go with it with matching fabric and minky. Well, they did use the blankets, but the pillows have not been a big hit.

We are finally out of Kentucky and into Tennessee... and what is this? Rest Area Closed??? I guess they have never traveled with a 5 year old...

So, we finally find a rest area, and this is what we get...

A closed down restaurant with a new banner... I guess that is cheaper then building a new one. And finally, Georgia...

So, after spending a little over nine hours in the car, we finally make it to the hotel. The girls enjoyed spreading out... oh, and what is it with the sticking out of the tongue?

After all that we have dealt with that day, Don and I were ready to sit down to dinner and have a drink. Well, Perry does not sell alcohol on Sundays... What a nice way to start the trip. At least there was a nice McDonald's with a Playland next to the hotel too, so the girls were able to burn off some energy. Day One has come to an end, only six more to go...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! I got neck pillows for the girls too -- same result!!

Melanie said...

Looking forward to seeing and reading your narration of the trip!